Author last Name, First Name (username). "Title of post". Type of post, Month Day, Year. http://xxxxxxxxxxxx.
Pete Souza (@petesouza), “President Obama bids farewell to President Xi of China at the conclusion of the Nuclear Security Summit”. Instagram photo, April 1, 2016. https://www.instagram.com/p/BDrmfXTtNCt/.
1. Pete Souza (@petesouza), “President Obama bids farewell to President Xi of China at the conclusion of the Nuclear Security Summit,” Instagram photo, April 1, 2016, https://www.instagram.com/p/BDrmfXTtNCt/.
4. Souza, “President Obama.”
- Type of post refers to the social media service and type of content, e.g. Tweet, Facebook post, Instagram photo, etc.
- Include author's real name, or organisation name, plus social media account username (if different to their full name - for Facebook posts the personal or organisation name is sufficient).
- If only the username is known, use this in place of the author’s name.
- Quote up to the first 160 characters of a post as the title.
- For multiple authors check the author layout table for in-text and reference list format