You will find Ebrary eBooks either individually when you are in Library Search or you can access and browse the Ebrary collection.
When you access Ebrary off campus, you'll be prompted to login with your ACU username and password.
Ebrary eBooks can be read online or downloaded.
You can download on student public computers as ADE is loaded onto the computers. You can also download onto your personal computer, mobile devices or supported eReaders.
You must create an Ebrary user account before you can:
To create an account:
Use the Bluefire eReader app (details below) to look at Ebrary books on your mobile. Use it to:
Bluefire is a popular free application (app) for users wanting to read library books on the iPad.
The epubbook blog has useful advice and instructions:
1. First, download the Bluefire Reader app from iTunes (available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch).
2. Activate Bluefire with your Adobe ID; start the app and on the “Library” page click the “Info” icon, located at the bottom. Here you will see the button for activating your Bluefire reader.
3. Next, visit the Library online, checkout an eBook, and click the download link – when asked to save or open, select “Open with Digital Editions”.
4. Using iTunes transfer the book to the Bluefire app;
5. Browse to where Adobe Digital Editions has stored your eBook. By default they will be saved to one of these locations;
your-home-directory/Documents/My Digital Editions
6. The EPUB book will then transfer to Bluefire -- then start reading.
1: Download Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and follow the instructions for installation and creating your Adobe ID. ADE is the free software used to read eBooks from Ebrary.
2: In Ebrary, click the Download button:
3: Sign In to your Ebrary account. If you have not already created an account with Ebrary, click the Sign in link in the top right hand corner of the screen:
** Please note this account is your own Ebrary account.
4: Once logged in you are able to download a PDF of a chapter or a range of pages. You can also download the entire document for 14 days.
The general allowance for both printing and copying from Ebrary is a maximum of 60 pages per book.
There are some books by certain publishers who set a more restrictive limit, which will be indicated when you try to print.